Monday, August 22, 2011

A colonial homestead in country NSW





here


Built in the 1840's and recently restored this beauty is a fine example of what country NSW has on offer in terms of land and properties, for keen buyers/renovators. It's become a bit of a trend (lately), to own a "weekender" a place to escape to whenever possible and where to relax, slow down, de-stress even entertain family and friends on special occasions...Sounds great, doesn't it?
Personally I would love to own a country property (...one day...) perhaps starting form scratch (?) would be very rewarding (and satisfying for the designer in me?)...a lovely dream...I'll keep working at it :)

How about you? do you dream of owning a weekender? Or are you already living the dream?

Have a wonderful week :)


Claudia xo





9 comments:

  1. I live in the country so I don't need a country escape even though I would love more land to roam around in. A beachhouse weekender would be nice. Just a small rustic shack would suit me just fine. I suppose I can dream.... Leahxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,just became your follower and I'd love a country weekender..xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just have breakfast watching a tv documentary a similar house in Dublin. I love the of old kitchen and the bath. Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that we live in the country, I dream of having a little pied-a-terre in the city! All those cultural happenings to enjoy and not having to hop a train... sigh!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bathroom is wild! But,also very fitting to the rest of the home. Weekend/Summer home is on the list...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a quaint, pretty house. Would love a weekend home:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving this place - we live in the city and I must admit I dream of the country - for wider open spaces and fresh air, less hustle and bustle even though I might miss it. The stove in this place has my name on it :O) Have a great week sweets,
    Axx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since I am living in the suburb now, we wish we had a second home in the city. The drive to downtown Chicago usually took us more than two hours drive to and fro plus it's quite stressful especially with the heavy traffic jam. The city has so much to offer in terms of good food and great furniture stores!

    Great pictures, by the way. This home is very charming as well!

    Have a great week!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete