Winter is here no doubt about it...mornings and nights are chilly, the socks and electric blankets are out, the heater is on...
If your home is still feeling and looking a little bit too cold though it might just need a couple of warm touches here and there, some warm colours, some texture perhaps, and I guarantee you'll be all toasty and happy.
Here are some tips to stay warm at home this winter:
1) Roll out your rugs, or swap sisal for wool (trust me you need that extra warmth underfoot);
2) Collect some fire wood it's time to light that fire...(pictures, magazines and books are a great way to cosy up a space too);
3) Cover those windows! Curtains and blinds are essential in winter, not only they will dress up the room, they will keep it super toasty too;
4) Paint your walls a shade of grey...It's such a great winter neutral! Use it as a starting point for your winter palette, it's smart and it works well with a lot of different hues;
5) Add a colourful rug under your dining table and a runner in the hallway for instant warmth and a welcoming feeling;
6) Invest in some gorgeous sheepskin for your dining chairs...they are soft to the touch and super warm and comfy (now that's what I call an instant warmer);
7) Throw a cosy, chunky knit blanket on your bed, for extra warmth (oh so chic too);
8) If the budget allows have a couple of your favourite chairs re-upholstered in a warm hue (like orange or cherry or a gorgeous fabric) - or simply add cushions in a warm shade and some tick woollen blankets to your lounges and armchairs for instant warmth and comfort.
All images via pinterest
Catch up soon,