Friday, September 26, 2014
Monday, September 15, 2014
Today's inspiration is Collette Dinnigan's gorgeous Paddo's home.
She's well known for her ethereal aesthetic, her many collections over the years have celebrated femininity and captivated the imagination of women all over the globe.
She's a master of sophistication and fine taste, and those qualities are reflected in her home,
her interiors reveal innate elegance with an undertone of romanticism. A simply stunning home.
The images below are from Paddo to Palmy
Collette's home is featured in this month's issue of Vogue Living .
Wednesday, September 10, 2014
Parquetry and timber floorboards add timeless beauty to any space.
Their softness works well with both period features and contemporary elements
making them a popular choice for homeowners and designers alike.
I personally love selecting floorboards for my clients,
they are easy to maintain and even improve with age.
They can be treated, varnished, painted,
or sanded back and re-polished later on if needed.
I do love seeing them in their original condition
even scratched they radiate beauty and elegance.
At caldesign we like to keep hold of salvaged boards
and use them again if possible,
up-cycling is a great way to give timber a new lease of life.
Be creative, think of different applications too,
don't limit yourself to floors and walls.
Recycled timber can also do wonders for spaces
that have little charm and need some character or warmth.
Here are some beautiful examples of timber floors and parquetry.
Monday, September 8, 2014
The owner of this Melbourne apartment, artist Miranda Skoczek, has a great eye for colour, she combines her amazing art with beautiful patterns in an effortless and uncomplicated way.
The end result is a success story.
Read more about this home here
Some more glorious examples of how to add colour at home...
Have a happy + colourful week
images via pinterest, dust jacket
Monday, September 1, 2014
This month brings warmer weather and spring...yay...!
I am sure we've all been waiting for this moment, I know I have.
Maybe that's why today I already feel happier, more positive and keen to take on all the challenges that the new season may bring.
Spring is all about the great outdoors so why not re-discover our outdoor rooms?
Invite your friends over for a bbq or afternoon tea and celebrate spring!
Things to do this month:
1) Add colour to your verandah with cushions, lanterns, crockery and glassware/the space will instantly feel warmer and more inviting;
2) Create an outdoor servery - they are a great and quick way to pass food from the kitchen to the outdoor verandah/deck and encourage conversation with your guests;
3) Create a relaxing and enchanting mood by decorating the outdoor table with hurricane lamps and candles;
And don't forget the inside...
1) Freshen up your interiors by changing the colour scheme, use soft pastel and crisp white for an instant spring pick me up;
2) Combine soft blues and orange accessories for a fresh new take on spring pastels;
3) Try a pink feature wall with a touch of gold and black accessories for a bit of glamour at home;
4) And finally add pretty pink everyday accessories to your life for a lovely touch of spring in the kitchen and the dinner table...
The everyday is what we should put all our effort into...
So have fun and enjoy!